The Office of Jeremy Rifkin is looking for an Executive Assistant.
Our organization forecasts trends in science, technology, commerce and culture and their impacts on the global economy, society and the environment. Our office is presently at the center of the global policy debate in government and industry on climate change, clean energy solutions, economic development and globalization through consulting activities, publications, and speaking engagements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle general inquiries, including general information requests, office correspondence, telephone, mail, and other administrative duties
- Assist the staff with mass mailings, marketing and media campaigns
- Assist with personal management of President's daily schedule, travel arrangements, and appointments.
- Organize and schedule the President's speaking engagements, lectures, presentations, meetings and appointments, including travel and logistics.
- -Perform daily administrative functions such as drafting correspondence on behalf of the President, transcription, knowledge management, database management, and other administrative duties
- -Responsible for general office maintenance including: ordering office supplies, vendor relations and general office organization
- Draft, transcribe and edit reports and articles for national and international governments and media
- Conduct qualitative research (library and on-line) on a variety of topics
- Maintain organization of all research materials
- Oversee the archiving and digitizing of historical records
- Offer general administrative support
- Assist with maintenance of office databases
- Bachelor's Degree required, (MA Preferred) with Social Sciences or Humanities background. 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred. Knowledge of public policy and the European Union and its member-states will be taken into account. Experience with the full MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Knowledge of foreign languages preferred (please specify).
- Superior attention to detail in editing, transcribing, citations and grammar
- Excellent ability to organize electronic and hard-copy research, written materials, and historical records
- Interdisciplinary qualitative research experience
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize tasks while working with deadlines
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment
- Capacity to take initiative and solve problems and work collaboratively with other staff members and the President
- Outstanding verbal communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of contacts and at multiple organizational levels
Salary and Benefits
- This is a full time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications; Benefits include vacation, sick-leave, fully-paid health insurance, Metro Smart Benefits and profit-sharing after 24 months of employment. We offer a small, friendly, dynamic atmosphere and are one block from the Metro station in Bethesda.
If you are cause-driven, have an interest in putting your thumbprint on some of the key issues of our time, managing a public policy organization, and building your global professional network, please send your resume and a cover letter that includes your salary history and requirements to:
Chief of Staff
Office of Jeremy Rifkin
The Foundation on Economic Trends
4520 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814